Wednesday 23 March 2016

Coursework review Q7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?




After completing my final magazine I looked back at my first preliminary task which was the school magazine cover, after reviewing the two I have seen how much I have progressed and learnt about the design and production of a magazine cover. 

The main stand out thing is the backgrounds and how much more natural the photo looks in my final piece, this is mainly because I chose a backdrop that would suit my magazine where as in my preliminary task I had a background that did not suit the magazine and so I had to create one on photoshop, this in turn caused the magazine to look tacky, I am glad this was rectified in my final piece.

Secondly in my final piece I had a close up low shot of my artist on the cover where as in the preliminary I had only used a mid shot which shows my progression with experimenting shot types and framing the picture. A mid shot is the most common shot used as it is typically how photos are taken. The variety in shot adds a sense of power to the artist which is a general theme in the Grime genre.

Thirdly, I feel as though the fonts selected in my final piece worked well with each other whilst maintaining originality where as in my preliminary task the fonts look extremely generic and out of place.

Finally, the attention to detail was vastly improved as I added all the little extras to my final piece including the issue number and positioned everything correctly where as very little attention to detail was put into the first one which caused things such as the bad cut out of the photo to occur.

1 comment:

  1. This answer requires the same level of depth and detail as Q1

    ReplyDelete